Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bull's Eye...


Mary says: We met today at my house and I am amazed at how much we accomplished in a very short time. April, Jan, and I did the sewing and Pinky and Karen did the cutting out, pinning, and ironing. This was a real assembly line. We used mostly batiks...our favorite fabrics. This picture is of the blocks laying on the floor as we adjust them before sewing. The colors are just amazing. We started sewing all the pieces together, but ran out of time. After everyone left, I continued sewing the rows together and we now have a quilt front. Our next thing will be to get some batting and some backing and get it all together. We had a little sense of how the Amish women all work together to make a quilt today...very fun!

1 comment:

  1. WOW I am totally in awe What a beauty! Wish I lived close to you all that I could join in the fun, wonderful work girls!! :)

    ReplyDelete