Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Saturday, November 24, 2012
Hello, since we didn't get together this week due to Thanksgiving, I thought I'd share this project I have been working on. I got the idea from the magazine Stampers Sampler, the current edition, page 64. I will explain how I made them. The photo above shows several stages at once in the process.
1. take an empty toilet paper roll, paint the inside with your color choice, I used red. I also painted an inch or so of the outside top and bottom so no plain cardboard shows after the decorative paper is
2. Glue decorative paper around the outside of the roll, then glue one end closed.
3. Glue a holiday scene on the front, over the decorative paper, making sure they are in the correct position, with the closed end at the bottom. (I found free Christmas scene downloads from Lisa Brawner's blog, http://www.alteredartfun.blogspot.com/ . (mouse over the link, I see it doesn't show on our blog because of the dark background) She is very generously allowing free downloads of the images she has gathered. Thanks Lisa! Your images are great!)
4. Glue other ephemera of your choice to the holder. I used old lace and stamps and bows.
5. I used a hole punch to make holes on each side of the top of the roll to attach a hanging string. I might use ribbon or wire in my next ones. I will fill these with candy or some small gift and give them away. They could be used as tree ornaments or hung from a door knob or anywhere.
I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial. Now I better get back to decorating my rolls. I knew I was saving those rolls for something!!
Hope you all had a thankful Thanksgiving and are buying handmade gifts for Christmas, if you aren't making your own.
Friday, November 16, 2012
We started the Birthday Bash at Stephanie's Cabin in Astoria.
Below is one of the post cards that Lyla made for Pinky.,,very cool.
Next is the sisters, Pinky and Mary, with Pinky holding one of the gifts Mary gave her.
It is always fun to celebrate birthdays in this group.
We drew names for Christmas earlier at Stephanie's and stashed those away in our memories...good luck with that...
We won't meet next week as it is Thanksgiving, so by the way...Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
See you in two weeks.
Monday, November 5, 2012
With our switch to Thursdays, we get to have time with April during her work week. We are all so happy about that.
We met at April's this week and did our first trade on our calendars. I hope I can keep these straight as I tell you who did what...
Karen couldn't be with us today as she had a previous appointment, but looking forward on Pinky's Birthday Bash to have everyone together again. We are thinking the Thursdays will work out great unless April has her schedule changed.
Below are the pages we all did for each other.
April did the following two for Lyla in Redmond, Oregon. In the first one, she used some of the lettering skills she has learned in some of her online art classes. April...you might have to do one of these for each of us...Her second is a fun Christmas page.