Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Fun With Silk Dyed Eggs...








Today was spent mostly in the kitchen, so I decided to dye some eggs while I was cooking other things for Easter and tomorrow's crab feed here at our house. I saw on pinterest.com how a lady had dyed Easter eggs with silk ties. I was thinking of going to the thrift stores here and trying to get some. Then...I remembered that I had been collecting scarves with the idea I would wrap presents in them. At garage sales, you can get them for 25-50 cents. I brought them down, picked out the ones I thought were silk, and used them. About 4 of them did not turn out (probably not silk) and this is the results of the other 6. Some of the scarves were marked "silk" and others had no tag. I would recommendthe scarves as you get much more fabric out of each one.

I did repin the directions to these on my pinterest.com site under Easter Eggs.

I think it would be fun next year to do a little workshop on these...very fun.

DON'T FORGET TO SCROLL DOWN FOR OUR SECOND OF SIX GIVE-A-WAY...

4 comments:

  1. Okay, so HOW did you make these? They are incredible, and I have a ton of silk ties I've collected---at least I *think* I still have them....LOL!
    Beautiful beautiful eggs!!!
    HAppy Easter!

    XXOO~~
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne...I would really recommend looking for silk scarves at garage sales or thrift shops. You get so much more fabric out of one of them compared to a tie. I have pinned the instructions on my pinterest.com site under Easter Eggs. If you can't find it, I could mail them to you. Hugs, Mary

      Delete
  2. I shall want to know how you did this too Mary! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete