Sunday, September 18, 2011

St. Mary's Quilt show and Garage saling

Four members of the S&B group met at the nearby small town quilt show and sale. The quilts are all amazing and also amazingly inexpensive. Some are brand new and some, like the ones pictured below, are vintage.

Above you see the postage stamp quilt, all hand stitched. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

This was one of my favorite art quilts on display. Gorgeous free motion machine stitching and I'm sure it is hand painted.

Very striking!

Here Pinky is holding out a cute Dr. Suess Grinch quilt.

This was another favorite of mine. Great use of a lovely bird print.

After we finished at the quilt show we went garage saling. The town always has a big garage sale weekend in conjunction with the quilt show. We made a day of it and had a lot of fun.

6 comments:

  1. The quilts are lovely, especially the one that looks hand painted. I could look at quilts all day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very fun day together and glad April is feeling much better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my favorite was the one with the little birdies on it...it reminded me of the one that Nita made! But I really liked the hand painted and quilted one. It almost looked like it was trapuntoed (stuffed). It was beautiful! Even though I was feeling miserable, it was WONDERFUL to get to spend time with my 'girlie girls.' And YES, I'm glad I'm feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilts are gorgeous especially the hand painted one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one with the birds would be my favorite, but the other is also very nicemade. Why making oneself when they are so inexpensive, ok because one love to make them, but for people without so many time good chance. Garage sale I also saw in American movies, very good idea. Here we don't have them only on public places people organice flee markets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always drawn to the batik quilts and there were a few for sale...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete