Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Paper Mache beginning

Met at April's to work on our first attempts at paper mache.

 Gwen used aluminum foil and wire to create her human like figure, and some little birds.
 April started with an empty plastic jug, wire and cardboard armature, then filling out with aluminum foil and tape.  She intends to make this into a coin bank for her soon to be born grandchild.
Jan made a dog shape out of paper and tape.
Pinky declined to work on this project and instead made some envelopes out of old magazine pages and calendars and then began work on a small mandala.


 
April had laid out a delectable array of enticing snacks of fruits and nuts and toppings.  Delicious and decadent!
Next week we plan to apply the paper/glue to our figures.  I'll post the results then.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting, Jan! I was so absorbed in my own creation, that I didn't even get down to your end of the table. Since you made your cute little doggie at home prior to our get-together, I don't really even know what you were working on??? Did you cut up some calendars, too...like Pinky! Oh, how rude! I really need to look up a little more when I'm working! ...so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it that one of your group was not interested in a paper mache' project but joined in and did her own thing. Those little birds caught my eye. I've been thinking I should give some fabric ones like those a try. Of course Jan would do a dog. I never would have thought of making a bank by mache'ing around a milk bottle. You all are so creative. I look forward to next week's post.

    ReplyDelete